Saturday, October 19, 2013

Housewarming Party!

 


 Since our anniversary was just days before our housewarming party, we decided to incorporate the traditional and modern themes that represent a second anniversary into our party! The traditional theme of china inspired our modern tea party!  

 



The morning of the party,  I gathered loose local flowers from our farmer's market 
& Sheepscot Flower Farm. As hard as I tried, I couldn't find French Macarons anywhere locally, so I ordered them from this really great Etsy shop in California called Sparkles Macaron.



 




For last year's guestbook, I had everyone write their names on small paper triangles that I turned into scrapbook bunting. I hadn't put any thought into what to do this time around, so at the last minute we broke out Jacob's Diana and left it out for people to take group photos with. Not many people did it, but luckily one of our guests grabbed it and started snapping shots! We haven't developed them yet, but I am so excited to see how they turn out!




Food had the potential to be an insane undertaking. We were expecting 40 guests, and I had this crazy thought that sandwiches would be the easiest thing to serve. Thankfully, I couldn't sleep past 6am so we had plenty of time to put it all together! With the help of my mom, mother-in-law, and Jacob's aunt we had enough food to feed everyone!



I spent a few weeks collecting old teacups at Goodwill, and hit the jackpot! Once I started finding them, I couldn't stop! Jacob made some delicious lemon sugar cookies to go with them which we wrapped up in wax paper bags with lace doilies.


Menu:
Cucumber Sandwiches with Boursin
Egg Salad Sandwiches
Black Forest Ham & Smoked Mozzarella Sandwiches
Italian Pasta Salad
Susan's Famous Baklava
Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
Cheese & Vegetable Platters
French Macarons
Unsweetened Passionfruit Iced Tea
Perry Party Punch


Perry Party Punch
1 liter lemon-lime soda
2 bottles sparkling blood orange juice
1 pint raspberry sorbet
ice







No comments:

Post a Comment