Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Oui Bought a House: A History

Several years ago, I started a blog centered around food & video game reviews called Byte Size. I created it during a period of great frustration in my life when I was feeling like I just wasn't being heard by anyone around me. As many do, I took to the internet to write about things that frustrated me, things I cared about, and things I thought others might find humorous or interesting. Over time, my life and interests changed. I no longer owned every video game console because my boyfriend and I had sold them all to travel Europe. Byte Size became a food & travel blog, dedicated to proving to the world just how easy and affordable it is to travel. In the years since we returned, life got busy. My boyfriend became my husband, I went back to school to study French, I got a grown-up job that allowed me to travel, but I stopped writing.

Lately, I find myself feeling just as I did 5 years ago. Unheard, tired, but inspired. My wonderful husband cleverly devised the name of this blog to combine my adventures in French learning and the journey we are taking together as we complete a series of projects at our new home. There are so many ideas going through my brain at any one moment, and the changes we are making to the house are happening so quickly, that I am happy to have a place to record it all. Hopefully our world travels will not stop, but with this new chapter of our lives it feels right to include the new adventures someplace where they might belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment