Thursday, October 27, 2016

The end of a chapter.

On July 3, 2013 we bought our little white house in a sweet quiet neighborhood. We spent three great years putting holes in walls, changing colors, stripping wallpaper, ripping up floors, and wrestling with plaster. But at the end of it all, it was still never the house we saw ourselves in forever.

We listed our house just to see. One day later, we were under contract.

While there are many things about it I will not miss, there are things about it I will always treasure about this house.

This is the house where Noodle grew up.
Where our friends knew they always had a place to stay.
Where our toilet ghost lives and flushes whenever he wishes.
This is the neighborhood with the best Halloweens.
Where we were when we lost both of my grandparents.
Where I packed and unpacked so many suitcases.
This is the town that I have fallen so in love with.
In the state I never thought I'd stay in.
In a country that constantly breaks my heart.

A cold house full of warm memories, ready for the next chapter to begin.

Until next time.





No comments:

Post a Comment